1. How much do aluminum windows cost?
The average price per square meter for a double-glazed aluminum window ranges from about €300 to €650.
As for specific products, prices in debesto range from €313 to €6056.
2. Are aluminum windows from Poland better quality than those from China?
Without a doubt. Polish windows are manufactured according to German technology in modern machine parks. It’s worth mentioning that Poland is the second-largest exporter of windows, and every 3rd window in the world is produced in Poland.
3. How much more expensive are aluminum windows than PVC?
They are usually 2.5 to 3 times more expensive. You’ll buy the cheapest PVC window in debesto, the Gealan 8000, for about €109, and the cheapest aluminum window, the Cortizo Casement 70mm, for as low as €313.
-Is that expensive?
It depends. To make the right decision, we recommend you read the article in which we discussed the differences between these profiles in detail. Find out which ones are the right choice for you.
4. Can aluminum windows corrode?
No, as long as we do not damage them. On the other hand, if we somehow scratch off the layer of protective varnish and weather conditions conducive to corrosion persist for a long time, such a reaction will occur.
It is worth remembering that aluminum should also not come into contact with metals such as brass, steel or copper, because then it undergoes contact corrosion.
To prevent corrosion, you can use:
- seaside paint (which is additionally corrosion resistant),
- anodizing profiles instead of powder coating (a process that further protects aluminum from corrosion).
At debesto we offer anodized profiles, ask your advisor about them.
5. What is the actual production time for aluminum windows?
The realistic production time for aluminum windows is as low as 4 weeks. However, you can find the real-time of each profile on the card.
6. Are aluminum windows more resistant to damage than PVC?
Resistance to external conditions is a feature that distinguishes aluminum windows. As for the material itself, aluminum is more durable than PVC and almost entirely resistant to discoloration caused by sunlight. In addition, they do not expand when exposed to temperature as much as PVC or wooden windows.
7. Are energy-efficient aluminum windows also applicable in warm climates?
By all means, yes. Energy-efficient windows are great for insulating the temperature outside as well as inside. Therefore, your builder will save money on heating in winter and air conditioning bills in summer, and protect himself from the heat.
8. Is it possible to order aluminum window samples from you?
9. Are aluminum structures more environmentally friendly than PVC or wood?
It would seem that only wooden windows can be considered eco-friendly, but it is aluminum windows, however, that will satisfy all those interested in environmentally friendly materials.
Aluminum is a durable and corrosion-resistant raw material. In addition, aluminum can be easily recycled. Interestingly, today as much as 75% of all aluminum, once produced, is still being used. So, if you are looking for a safe and reliable solution that combines designer finishes and environmental care, windows made of aluminum will be the best choice.
10. Do you have a good quality and cheaper alternative to aluminum windows that looks like them?
If you are looking for a minimalist and industrial style, reminiscent of aluminum joinery, take an interest in uPVC windows Gealan Linear and Aluplast Neo. You can easily verify the quality and appearance of these profiles with a set of window corner samples.