What does debesto warranty protect you from?
- After some time, your client reports that the panes in his window are leaky.
- Your client’s windows fogged up from the inside.
- After two years, the handle broke during use.
- The weld in the PVC profile broke after a long time after installation.
- After the year, the paint on the aluminium profile began to peel off.
YES, 30/42 months of the worldwide debesto warranty protects you from all of these issues!
Conditions of Worldwide debesto warranty
- Guarantor: debesto (independently from the manufacturer’s warranty conditions)2.
- Two variants of the warranty (time from the production of goods):
- 30 months – standard
- 42 months – 3% of the value of the goods for the additional year.
3. Two variants of the warranty (time from the production of goods):
1.Checking the goods during transport:
- Inspection of the goods in the presence of the courier, writing down any damage found on the CMR in pos. 24 and documenting it on photos are necessary
- Remember – before you sign the CMR, take as much time as you need to verify the delivered order. The driver is obliged to wait until you complete the checking process after unloading.
2. Checking the products before assembly:
- The customer is obliged to check the quality and mechanics of the product’s operation before installation and during installation, before the product is permanently fixed in the building structure (in particular, before using assembly foams, mortars, sealants, etc.), which leave permanent traces on the product structure.
- The customer has 48 hours to report visible defects
- If the defects could be found before the installation of the product, the buyer loses the right to claim under the warranty with the beginning of the installation.
- If the products are ordered to replace other dismantled joinery, the customer is obliged to check the operation of the purchased products before dismantling the earlier structures. In case of a malfunction, it may be necessary to return the defective products. Remember, if you do not check the delivered goods in terms of condition and dimensional compliance, you disassemble the product at your own risk.
3. Self assembly:
- Installing the products on your own is acceptable, but the joinery must be installed in accordance with the guidelines of debesto.com: How to install a sliding door? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXzE_9gAMaw in cases not specified by debesto.com, the general rules of construction practice apply.
- Malfunctions in the operation of the joinery related to its improper adjustment, maintenance or operation are not covered by the warranty and their removal is the responsibility of the buyer
III. Assembly requirements:
- Installing the products on your own is acceptable, but the joinery must be installed in accordance with the general rules of construction practice.
- Here are examples of installation requirements, which will eventually decide about correctness or incorrectness of the installation:
Construction- matter solutions of the building envelopes and their weatherstripping should prevent the infiltration of rainwater into the building.
Thermal permeability and dew point
There mustn’t be any condensation of the steam on the inside surface of the non-transparent building envelope as this may enable the development of the mould. In order to keep this solution, the building envelope and their structural joint should be marked by temperature coefficient fRsi of an amount not less in value than critical value. Presuming the required value of this factor equal to 0,72 is also allowed.
fRsi is the difference between inside surface and the temperature of the outside air, divided by the difference between the temperature of inside and outside air.
In the building, the connection of windows with the jamb should be designed and done in respect of the achievement of their full airtightness.
The correct assembly of the window and balcony door in each case should guarantee at least fulfilling of the technical and construction requirements.
If it is known in advance that the requirements will not be fulfilled, then performed service should not be called as the “assembly of windows”.
Mechanical connection of the window with the jamb
Taking into account the values of loads affecting the installed windows and the inevitability and repeatability of phenomena causing wind loads, four rules can be defined to be followed when performing the “mechanical” part of window and balcony door installation:
- Window constructions must be mechanically attached to the frame.
- Due to the values of the forces acting on the window structure, which are a derivative of wind velocity pressure, in the case of windows and balcony doors installed in facade openings, it is generally necessary to provide four-sided mechanical fastening of each element using appropriate assembly means, observing the application recommendations issued by the manufacturer.
- In the case of boxes for top-mounted shutters, the upper rim of the frame, which cannot be mechanically fixed, should be statically calculated as a free-bearing element and properly fixed on the sides.
- According to the current state of technical knowledge, it is not allowed to fix windows in the reveals only with polyurethane foam, glue and similar building materials.
Proper use of the support blocks
Transferring wind loads from the window to the building wall is possible only if we ensure during assembly that the mechanical fastening points will not be affected by additional loads resulting from the weight of the structure.
Support blocks (Picture 1) are the element responsible for transferring loads from forces acting in the plane of the window to the wall of the building.
The support blocks do not have to be permanently attached to the window or building structure. They are an element loaded “on pressure”.
Warning! All of the patio windows/doors demand the arrangement of load-bearing elements under the threshold every min. 30 cm, provided that they shall not project above the threshold. This will prevent the movement of load-bearing elements by accident.
Common assembly mistake:
When starting the support, it is worth remembering that wooden assembly wedges (Picture 1, right side), most often used to fix the window position in the jambs and placed perpendicular to its plane, are not supporting
Wedges, which serve as auxiliary fastening elements during assembly, should be removed after the window has been installed, and the place left by the wedges must be supplemented with a thermal insulation layer.
Requirements have been developed based on the “Window vademecum PVC 2018”, ALUPLAST.
The general principles of building art can be found below:
- Detailed instructions of assembly windows can be found in Assembly Handbook- Aluplast.
- Installation video for sliding windows / doors – debesto.com
- More tutorial videos can be found on YouTube.
3. In cases not specified by debesto.com, the general rules of construction practice apply.
4. Irregularities in the action of joinery related to incorrectness of its setting, maintenance or exploitation are not a subject of a warranty and should be handled by the buyer.
III. application procedure:
- All complaints should be submitted in electronic form only via the form available at https://complaint.debesto.com/
- Complaints are handled remotely (via e-mail with the possibility of telephone contact), on the basis of photo and video documentation in sufficient quality to confirm the legitimacy of the complaint.
- Minimum technical requirements for attached multimedia materials:
- Photos and videos should be taken in daylight, and if this is not possible you should use an artificial light, which allows you to record a detailed and not blurried picture.
- The minimum required resolution of the photos is 8 megapixels
- The minimum video resolution required is 1920×1080 (Full HD) at 30 frames per second
- Debesto.com does not have mobile service technicians and all matters are resolved with remote cooperation of both parties. As established in the proforma invoice, the client declares that he has the skills and/or resources to carry out the service on his own
- We reserve that in the event that the submitted documentation does not allow for an unequivocal assessment of the legitimacy of the complaint, we may request the documentation to be supplemented, thus extending the time for considering the complaint
- Complaint examination time: 14 days from the date of filing the complaint, and in difficult cases – 30 days from the date of filing
- If the claim is considered:
– repair or replacement of defective goods will be adjusted within the prescribed time limit, possible for technological, logistic and production reasons
– delivery costs are covered by debesto.com
As part of the removal of defects in goods, it is possible to release only parts, components or structures of the goods.