Importing windows from Poland to the USA will allow you to buy door and window joinery not only at a more favorable price but also at the highest quality because Poland is the European region of window and door manufacturers.
There is 6,704 km in a straight line from our warehouse in Oleśnica to New York. So, if today we wanted to go on an unforgettable trip to America, we would spend over 10 hours on the plane. And, including commuting and checking in at the airport gives us two days in a sitting position.
Does the import of windows and doors from Poland to New York, Chicago or any other region of the United States make sense? Let’s check it out!
Is it worth buying windows in Poland and importing them to the USA?
Of course it's worth it! It's as easy and comfortable as a purchase of a plane ticket- says Voytech Stanowski, owner of debesto.com, the best windows from Poland.
How to save money on import from Poland to the USA?
The only factor that affects the benefits of having Polish windows in the USA is the price of transport. In the case of small orders and PVC windows – Let’s not delude ourselves – the profitability of imports from Poland will often be debatable.
To make your order the most cost-effective, there are two ways that can be combined:
The first, quite obvious, is ordering a full container (something about 20 windows), which will be more favorable than LCL (less than container load) transport. Additionally, its price includes port service after reaching the USA.
The second way concerns the type of goods being imported. If you want to order wooden windows, and even better, aluminum windows from Poland the transport price will be similar but will affect the import cost much less.
In a nutshell, you will probably pay a similar price for exclusive wood or aluminum joinery as for plastic windows in the USA.
How much does a container full of windows and doors imported from Poland to the USA cost?
The estimated price of a window container imported from Poland to the USA (40 feet container) is $3,000, and with the "labor" and preparation of boxes, etc., additionally $1,000.
How to arrange shipping?
It is known that shipping products abroad is always associated with certain duties, time and paperwork. In the case of importing windows from Poland to the USA, it is no different, but there is no need to worry! Debesto.com will make sure to help you as much as they can.
Below you will find all the rules and the most important things about importing (listed in detail) to avoid any doubts and stress connected with a relatively difficult task.
What is the height of the tax when importing windows to the USA?
When buying goods in Poland and exporting them outside the European Union, we are entitled to a 0% VAT rate.
Two priority documents that justify preferential VAT rate are:
- IE 529 MRN – This is a confirmation of beginning of exportation procedure. We get this document in Polish port, at the time of the customs clearance.
- IE 599 – this is a confirmation of the export of goods outside the EU. We receive them within 14 days of the goods leaving the last European Union port.
Window’s customs clearance – How to prepare it?
To organise a customs clearance you need:
- A commercial invoice (It is good to have an english version)
- A packing list (List of the goods and it’s netto/brutto weight)
- Company’s registration documents – exporter’s (NIP, REGON, EORI number)
- Authorization for customs agency
Maritime transport of windows from Poland to the USA – How does it look like?
At debesto.com, sea freight to the USA is carried out in accordance with Incoterms (International Commercial Terms), i.e. International Trade Rules. These rules are widely accepted all over the world and share responsibility between the buyer and the seller.
What does this mean in our case? Incoterms define, for example, who is responsible for the individual stages of delivery of your windows, doors and other joinery.
Rules of the sea freight to the USA in debesto.com
As a standard, we ship containers from Poland to the USA on a CIF rules – Cost, Insurance and Freight (named destination port).
For you, it means that the seller, e.g. debesto.com, will carry out export customs clearance for you (in Poland) and, what’s equally important, your shipment will be insured for the time of maritime transport right up to the port you choose.
– It is absolutely unacceptable that the pallets or boxes are made of raw wood. If we have such boxes, they should be fumigated. In the case of windows, it is absolutely necessary to pack them in boxes and ensure maximum protection, because there are really large tilts on the ship.
How does a reception of windows look like?
Windows are protected and are about to be transported. What to do next?
After the goods leave the port, you will be contacted by an agent on the American side who will take care of all formalities and documents for you.
– He will help you with all local payments, and taxes proper for every state. He will also establish a way of taking the goods after it comes to the port – Explains Jacek Łyczewski a logistician at debesto.com
You can pick up an order on your own or ask for home delivery.
What is worth remembering when picking up the goods?
- Decide if you want to use the services of an agent recommended by debesto.com or another (handled on your own)
- Take care of the data that must be provided to the agent
- Check whether the quantitative and qualitative compliance of the packages is correct
- Take photos of the goods in the packages and after opening them in case of possible damage
It is worth to find out earlier how big a delivered cargo is
in order to choose a right car. Choice of a car should depend on destination, so that windows could be safely transported to the right place. Furthermore, you should organize appropriate tools for unloading, e.g. a forklift, and in the case of large structures, such as frameless sliding windows, even a crane may help, which will definitely facilitate any operation on the construction site. - Says Jacek Łyczewski a logistician at debesto.com
Delivery to the port in the USA – customer obligations
Now the most important thing! From the moment the windows are in the USA, you will be responsible for the next steps. What will you have to do?
- Collection of goods from the port on your own within the prescribed time (usually 48-72 hours after the container arrives at the port)
- Pay the USA duty (check what the rate is)
- Pay the VAT applicable in the buyer’s country
- Arrange and pay for transport from the port to the place of investment / warehouse
- Payment of port service costs:
- for, LCL (less than container load) it will be about (strongly estimated: 100-200 dollars per 1m3 (cubic) of goods
- in the case of full container transport FCL (the entire container exclusively for one customer) the costs of port service are already included in the transport price
Remember! Omitting any point may be connected with high fees, e.g. for the additional day the goods are kept in the port, they can reach even several hundred dollars. It is definitely worth keeping an eye on the deadlines.
Import of windows from Poland to the USA – summary
– Maybe it seems a little bit complicated to you, and the number of documents is unbelievable, but there is nothing to worry about. It’s definitely easier than you think! – Ensures Voytech Stanowski from debesto.com – whose windows arrived safely among others to New Jersey and Seychelles.